Friday, September 24, 2010

A Day With My Mom

Today I am back in Brooklyn because I had to do something for my mom. It started as just any other day, an ordinary day. First, I drove my mom to do an errand than I went to do my laundry with my mom before I head back to Stony tomorrow. As I was doing my laundry with my mom, my mom was getting really irritated by how humid and hot it was today. As I was trying to make my mom feel comfortable by getting her a chair for her to seat down under a fan, I was thinking about how my girlfriend is exactly the same way.

I just laughed it off and moved on. After finally doing laundry for two hours, we were feeling hungry so I took her to a japanese restaurant nearby. My mom ordered salmon teriyaki box and than I randomly thought about my girlfriend again. They basically eat the same thing because my mom loves to eat fruits, veggies, and fish instead of red meat or chicken and my girlfriend is a pescetarian. Than I instantly started to compare both of them. I realized they are quite similar than I have ever thought because they both are great with art, caring, loving, sometimes stubborn, etc.

After finally concluding that my girlfriend is like my mother, I quickly related it to Oedipus and the discussion about how we like someone that is similar to our parents. I was so amazed how I just randomly thought about this and how my girlfriend is really similar to my mom. Guess Sigmund Freud was right after all that we do look for someone that resembles our parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment