Friday, September 24, 2010

Motherly Love

In class, we have been talking about how Oedipus married his mother. I know that all of us think it is disgusting that he married his mother and we always joke around about this issue but it is scientifically proven that maybe this idea is not crazy. Sigmund Freud, said that we do feel attracted to people that resembles our parents.

Honestly I can't blame Oedipus for marrying or sleeping with his mother because its not his fault. I mean his parents left him for dead and who knew out of all the people in the city, he would be married to his mother. Who figured that an abandoned child would survive and grow up to be the king of a kingdom. But to get back to the part that we are attracted to someone that resemble our parents is some what true. Also I feel that a mother has a special magical bond between her child and herself. I think that Oedipus mistaken that feeling for love.

No comments:

Post a Comment