Saturday, September 18, 2010

Fly Away Flaws!

Does Hamartia play a significant role in ones life and can someone have more then one personal flaw? In both these matters I would say yes. I believe that every person has a personal flaw in different categories. I'm my case, when it comes to school work I procrastinate, when it comes to cleaning I don't focus, when it comes to hockey I lack confidence. There are man scenarios where I have one specific personal flaw that relates to that matter. So overall I have many personal flaws, but certain ones come out during certain situations, so in my opinion, hamartia is situational.

There is a significance that Harmartia plays in ones life. I believe that it helps make someone better in whatever situation their hamartia is in. For myself, since I lack confidence when I play hockey, i am going to work on building my confidence by working harder and becoming a better player. The personal flaw pushes someone to work harder and to improve upon their personal flaw. However, I do not believe that the personal flaw will ever go away. Its like mono; once you have it, your stuck with it forever, even if you cannot tell. It is something you can make better, but it will always linger and stay with you. So while you can try to get rid of a personal flaw, you can never delete it entirely from your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment