Monday, September 20, 2010

Dignity

In order for me to have my dignity I need to have clothing, privacy and a direction in life. I feel I really only need these three because i've been without many other things and I've gotten through pretty well. I've been without love, a boyfriend, a car, a stable living environment. It is necessary for me to have dignity because for me without dignity, we are no better than beasts in the wild. Which isn't to say we are better, but the only things that really drive them is lust and hunger. I've had times in my life where the only thing I had left was my dignity. I need clothing to have dignity because, other than my boyfriend and a few other people who won't, people don't want to see me naked. Period, there's no other way to say that one. Of course, I'm comfortable with what I look like naked, but in order to maintain my dignity I'd like to wear clothes in public. I need to have privacy in my life because I'm not the person to announce to the world things it doesn't need to know. In other words, if I don't know you you will never know when I have my period, what I think of my father, how I feel about people fatter than me, what I think of people who treat others like they don't matter. My feelings are saved for the people closest to me. Of course, I have put things on the internet, i.e. myspace, that I normally don't let people see. I have given people insight into what goes through my head through my poetry. Although I doubt many people cared enough to read it, the ones that did and found a way to bring it up in conversation really meant a lot to me. In order to maintain my dignity I also need my direction in my life. My direction is very important to me. I have known what I've wanted to do for about 3 years now. Given I started college 5 years ago it took me a while to figure out where I wanted to go with my career. When I lose sight of my goal, I have to sit down and write, draw, just create until I snap back into my mode of knowing where I am going. I need to know where my feet are going to take me someday. Without my goal I am aimless and I no longer shoot for the stars. When I am without/forget my goal I shoot at my feet. Needless to say, shooting at your feet really hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment