Friday, September 10, 2010

Doors always get in the way!

So two embarrassing moments just happened to me within two minutes. First, I walked into and obviously closed door and it really hurt. Second, my dad was investigating the loud sound created by my clumsiness and stumbled upon me full-fledged rocking out with a lemonade in the kitchen. It was a good song I must say and defiantly worthy of embarrassment. I have had many embarrassing moments before because I am a magnet to embarrassment, but two in a row is really something new to me.

In relation to Oedipus Rex, Oedipus was all out embarrassed and ashamed when Creon accused him of killing the previous king/ Oedipus' father! Now, my embarrassment was not nearly the same as his, and I didn't have a sword to draw either. However, embarrassment is similar on many different levels. It happens when an event occurs that you do not want people to find out about and that happened to both myself and Oedipus.

No comments:

Post a Comment