In class yesterday, Prof Baldwin asked if anyone in class could draw and I was the only one that raised my hand. Needless to say, I was pretty shocked. Since I was really young I always wanted to be an artist. In high school I was always really jealous because so many of my classmates were so much better than I was at drawing/painting. I still am not really that good and most of the time I doodle until it starts to turn into something else. Anyway, the prof also mentioned that the reason for people not drawing anymore is because it is no longer a necessity. Cameras became affordable for everyday life. Then there were digital cameras and photo sharing became even more convenient. Now there are cameras attached to phones and laptops and why would anyone take the time to sit outside and sketch a landscape when you can snap a photo on your phone and move on. Everyone is a photographer.
I almost went to FIT for photography. I still kind of wish I had, but I didn't have the grades to transfer and it was just a mess. So for now I guess all I can do is just keep drawing and taking pictures and keep my creativity alive for myself. Although, I really wish I could just draw out this whole future city/car assignment rather than do it in sketchup. I will always love a pen and paper more than this computer.
No comments:
Post a Comment