So today in class we talked about how we pay about $500 a semester towards technological stuff for Stony Brook which i was unaware of. I don't even know what that covers to be honest. I guess the use of computers and printing at the university? Thats $1000 for the semester so today the profssor brought up a good point...why don't they just give us a free laptop while we are attending Stony Brook? We can give it back after the four years, but i'm sure it would save them money somehow if everyone is basically paying for their own laptop already. We buy one for school along with paying for tech stuff. Seems unecessary.
I'm curious to actually see what that money goes towards. I also wonder ift he school will actual save money by giving us laptops. They probably wouldn't need as many computers at the university, but even if they kept the same amount, giving us a laptop can't really hurt them much. It is definitely an idea to invest in and i would sign a petition for it. We deserve it with the money we throw at them.
No comments:
Post a Comment