On Tues., Sept. 21st, Professor Baldwin announced to the class that we are going to make a game out of the play Hamlet. At first, I was skeptical because who would want to play a video game based on an old play written hundreds of years ago. Than as Professor Baldwin was explaining the theory of this game, it made me think will this actually work? I really thought hard and finally, I came up with a conclusion yes it can work. Recently, there has been games developed for educational purposes. I also thought that maybe this can work, especially for people that hate to read such as myself. Maybe we can develop this game a way for people to know about the story of Hamlet and learn all of their hidden messages and themes instead of people just reading the same old play. This game will be interactive so people won't fall asleep just like how people do when they read books.
While thinking about this game based on Hamlet, I also thought about why not make several other games based on other great books such as "To Kill a Mockingbird", "The Great Expectation", etc. Making these games as fun and interactive like a game, but yet educational like a book. We can have short movie clips of cartoons acting out sence in the middle of game and make the game focus on the true value or the message the book is trying to protray. Than maybe when people play this game and actually love the plot, scenes, and learn what the book is trying to say, they will actually go to the library and read the book itself. I think this idea will be an unique and exciting experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment