Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Museums
last class we spoke about museums verses the internet. it became a question of whether museums are really necessary anymore considering we can find all the information on the internet. I think that museums are absolutely necessary because a picture can never replace seeing something in real life. There is different lighting depending on where you stand, and those small details that a picture just doesnt show. I can google what a helicopter looks like or a mammoth but that doesnt compare to standing in front of one and seeing it full size. you cant fully wrap your head around a picture it needs to really be there in front of you to understand. i mean Ive seen pictures of cows but you dont realize how big they are until your standing next to one. I dont think computers can ever fully replace real life experience and seeing something first hand
Labels:
Jerry Lagomarsine THR 103
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment