Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Ideas for Hamlet Game



I know that I haven’t read Hamlet yet, but I have some ideas of how the plot goes throughout the play. I know that I’m not a game expert, but I’ve played so many different games so I have a lot of ideas. Because Hamlet is written in a play script form, it makes easier for people to create different point-of-views throughout the game. For instance, I know that the main character is Hamlet, but why not enable the controlling point of view of Claudius? No matter the protagonists or antagonists, the game should be created in varieties of perspectives and the users should be able to go through different characters’ point of view.
Also, when you look at movies that are related to histories, for instance, the Inglorious Basterds, they completely change the ending of the original story from the history. They kill Hitler and it is a happy ending. Except for the fact that it glorifies America way too much, the movie is happy. That is what makes the movie controversial, but interesting too. Just like that, the ending of Hamlet could be changed in order for the fun of the game. What if Hamlet does not die, or Claudius just wins? I guess pleasure principle of ego could come in to either glorify one character or make them fall in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment