Tuesday, September 21, 2010
no flags at six flags for smokers
Recently I took a trip to six flags. I love amusement parks and I haven’t been to six flags since I was 10 or 11. As I got off the nitro I lit up a cigarette because my adrenaline was still high and I wanted to be mellow. 2 seconds later I had a security guard in my face threatening to kick me out. This is just another example of how smokers are treated like second class citizens. Seriously, I paid almost 50 dollars to spend a day in an outdoor amusement park and they are yelling at me for trying to smoke a cigarette? Seriously? Anyhow, so the security guard proceeds to tell me that there are designated smoking areas, and I was like hey I’m cool with that, so I ask him where it is, and he says to pull out a map and he points to like a tiny section behind a merry go round on the other side of the park, possibly 20 minutes away. So I was like okay, fine Ill smoke a cigarette when I get over there. The day goes on and I finally reach the "designated smoking area" which was a 4 by 4 area squared off by yellow paint which was already overcrowded with frustrated parents and chaperones. I have never felt so discriminated against in my life. I felt like a leper, in a place that I had PAID to be in. Disgusting. I refused to smoke in this tiny area where I couldn’t even sit and enjoy myself and proceeded to get yelled at again. Seriously? Is this how smokers are to be treated? The park doesn’t quarantine ugly people for being disgusting to look at, or fat people for taking up mad room on benches, or even annoying crying kids for being a nuisance. EQUALITY FOR SMOKERS.
Labels:
anna too
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment