Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2

So video blogging didn’t work out so well and I think my suitemates were pretty irritated with me talking to myself at 2 in the morning trying to record a video.
Anyhow this blog is about a pressing issue: fashion week 2010 failure
As an avid fan of high fashion and nice things I was severely disappointed at the level of taste this fashion week. Absolutely everything besides Helmut Lang was hideous, overdone, under thought and so tasteless.
The biggest disappointment had to be Ralph Lauren, who I respect very much as a designer and has had impeccable shows, had probably the biggest train wreck of a showing. Fringe? lace and fringe? Leather lace? Disgusting brown colorsheme? ew
The whole cowgirl/ranch thing seems like déjà vu, mr.lauren seems to be out of ideas. Anyhow, let’s take a minute and talk about some of the overall trends for 2011...more dolman, more skinny jeans, PAJAMAS?!?!, and of course neutrals (what a surprise...) The fashion industry has lost all creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment