Aristotle's thoughts has a logical charm. I think this is because that he studies into so many fields, like ethics, politics, physics, economics, metaphysics and many others. He might be among the a few person of outstanding knowledge and intelligence. The most important, the guy write poem as well!!!
Honestly, I am not done with the Poetics. I think it needs time to read it, but from the a few piece i have read, his attitude is admirable. People said that he systematically constructs the aesthetic theory for the first time in western history of culture, in which the Poetics helps a lot. Many philosopher at that time don't like poem, and even repel them, but actually their works are based on politic point of view. However, Aristotle makes art an organic part of his philosophic system.
I don't like to see people occupied their professional field and accuse other style of work and consider them not worth a cent. I think there are certainly some kind of relationship between each branch of learning, and combination of them may be even more convincing than singly subject.
Aristotle is a smart one. In his work, I see he using intellectual theory and ethics to discuss his poem and also deepening his aesthetic theory in this way.
No comments:
Post a Comment