Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Oedipus' Eye Outs

I don't understand the decision of Oedipus to blind himself. Whatever took place was unintentional. He never harmed anyone knowingly. And, at this precise moment the kingdom needed him. He was there hero, there inspiration. But he gave up. On the contrary he should have stood tall and brought the city out of depression.

Once in 9th grade I failed math mid-term. I thought of dropping the course. But, that wasn't an escape route out of it. Because I had to take it at some point of time. So rather than quitting I put in extra effort in that course and passed with B+. I was happy that the course was out of ma way.

So in troubled times there is no point in throwing weapons. Its time to fight with max fury and somehow win the battle or die fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment