
When i heard that we were going to be reading Hamlet i got excited. I've read this play many times and get more intrigued every time i read it. This text brings back many memories of my childhood and past. I remember being in a school play in the eighth grade in which we performed a modern version of the classical masterpiece. Instead of horse and carriages, we used cars and taxi's. The script had been modified and words added in to make it modernized. There was even a cell phone used!!!!!
However, this book brings back far more memories that just the play. I was born in Denmark and hearing that we were assigned to read a play that took event in my home country i began to reminisce about my past. I stayed around half my life in Denmark before moving to the US in 2000 at the age of 10. It was a completely different world but became accustomed to it.
No comments:
Post a Comment