http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/22/movies/22tulip.html?_r=1&ref=arts
Have you guys seen this story at the New York Times? It is about a film maker who is determined to shoot a film about the Taliban. What's the big deal? She filmed it in Afghanistan. She had to be the main star of the film because a few weeks before filming started her lead actress was captured and had both of her feet cut off in order to dissuade the producers and director from making the movie.
This just goes to show you that you can do anything that you set your mind to. It is stories like this that make the world of art interesting to me. I don't like the boring, look at this painting story, I read them, but this is more important. Film is art and art is passion.
I wonder what kind of movie she will make next, actually, I wonder if she will survive it.
No comments:
Post a Comment