Friday, September 3, 2010

What can I do to prevent me from living my grandparents and parents life? Post 2

My mother is a nurse and has been one for 30 years. She is very successful at everything she does and makes a very comfortable living for herself and is happy in the process. She makes as much money herself as my boyfriend's parents make combined. The only problem is that she has debt left from my father and has been paying it off for the last 10 years. I want to live my mother's life, but without the debt. My dad never graduated high school, can barely read and can't hold a job. He can't hold a job because he thinks he's a better boss than his boss and mouths off. Therefore, he always gets fired. For a while he was working for a florist. I don't know where he is or what he's doing these days but I know I won't be living his life. As far as my grandparents go, I'm not sure what any of them did. My mother's father, grandpa, was a drunk. I'm not sure what he did for work. My grandmother worked in a factory while my mom took care of her 7 other siblings. My grandmother had a total of 9 kids. My dad's father, papa, I'm not sure what he did either. My nanny, dad's mom, didn't do anything. They had foster kids which they made money off of, which is where some of their income came. It's funny to think of how terrible my nanny is and what she did to my father and the fact that the state let her have more kids. I am doing everything I can to prevent myself from living my family's life. I am going to school to get my bachelor's, then onto my master's degree program. I have a boyfriend who loves me and who supports me and doesn't make me feel bad about myself ever. It's the healthiest relationship I've ever seen and considering what I've been through before this one, I never want to give him up. A positive professional and a positive personal life is what most of my family has missed and why they've failed and weren't happy with their lives.
-Rita McDonald THR 216 Post 2

No comments:

Post a Comment