Friday, September 3, 2010

Who am I and what defines me? Post 1

Who I am as a person has been defined in the last few years as a lighting technician/designer. I have been defined throughout high school and my college career. I have tried on different hats such as drug store assistant manager, chef, dishwasher, bowling alley waitress, cashier and delivery driver. None of these hats ever fit me as well as what I am now. I love talking tech with someone and learning. Everyday I do my best to learn more and more and I am more excited every single day with the prospect of someone teaching me something new. In high school I was not a very happy person for a long time. I was on anti-depressants for a while, which was a huge mistake because it's affected my memory and I can't remember normal things even these days. Someday I will travel the world because of the career path I have chosen. If I am on a cruise ship as a lighting technician, following a band as a roadie/lighting technician or if I am asked to fly to various places for speeches or to design for various theaters. Someday I will get there, in the meantime I am networking, making friends and getting as many jobs as I can. I have absolutely no complaint about the campus food but for the price. The food is as nutritious as you want it to be. I don't want to hear people complaining about the food when in front of you is a salad bar with the dressing separate so you can put as little on as you want. I ate the Indian food at Jasmine and it wasn't that great, but that's because I've eaten a fair amount of Indian Food and what was offered there was dry and not as flavorful as I wanted. I know now to just go down the road to the Indian Restaurant I really enjoy. Because of the prices at the college, I will simply bring my own food, which isn't that hard. With my cooler in my trunk, I can keep my salad, turkey sandwich, fruit, vegetables and drinks as cold as I want them. My opinion, if you want to keep complaining, get off your ass and do something about the supposed lack of nutrition and the expensive prices at the college.
-Rita McDonald THR 216

No comments:

Post a Comment