Monday, September 20, 2010

Why is there no woman president?

I don't know why there is no woman president, but I have a few ideas why. I think that some men still view women as weak. Even though many men have seen their mothers struggle raising a bunch of kids, juggle extracurricular activities of many kids at the same time, cleaning the house and getting dinner on the table by six o'clock, they still may not see women as equals. Of those who do see us as equals, some of those men may think we are irrational creatures. I will admit, at times I am irrational and I think I may actually kill my boyfriend. Those times are few and far between and only because of the fact that I know he is an awesome person who puts up with a lot from me I don't kill him. I personally couldn't be president because of my mild irrationality at times, also because nobody is stupid enough to want a theatre person as president. I think some, possibly many men are still very sexist and don't think a woman could do the same job as a man. I think many men who are in power are ignorant and shouldn't be where there are. I think many men who are in power should have at some point held an actual blue collar, or "pink collar"' as I've now learned from Professor Baldwin, job at some point in their lives. Only when you deal with real people acting the way they normally do in stores and throughout the rest of their lives do you actually learn about people. To know what they need, or to at least form an opinion or to decide on a side of politics in which you personally agree you need to have situations in which to base your decisions off of. Therefore, I think transvestites and cross-dressers should be in charge. They are some of the most interesting people I have ever met.

No comments:

Post a Comment