Monday, September 20, 2010

Work while in college

I have to work while I go to school to pay my bills. My life is pretty comfortable, I have a new car because my 10 year old car died 4 months ago. My mother didn't want to worry about me breaking down in a used car so she is helping me to lease a new car. I am leasing it because I honestly don't know where I'll be in 4 years and if I don't need a car, I don't want the burden of having one. If I choose to live in manhattan or any borough I don't want the car and I won't be able to afford it anyway. If I move across the country I don't want to have to figure out how to get the car out to where I am and I probably won't want to drive it wherever I'll be. If I go work on a cruise ship for 6 months at a time I don't want to still be paying for a car which I won't even be able to see. Also, while out on the cruise ship I don't want to depend on someone else to maintain it while I'm away. I have to pay my car each month as well as my cell phone bill, travel expenses and paying off my credit cards which I have paid off a lot of it but there's still a few months more I have to pay off. After my credit cards are paid off I only have to make about three hundred a month to live and be able to pay my bills. My work has consisted somewhat of random gigs in theaters throughout long island for the last 6 months. I worked in a deli for 3 months 5 days a week. Right now I am trying to get whatever I can to pay my bills. Today I am going to manhattan to work at columbia university for an electric call. I worked last sunday at northport theatre on long island, which is the only professional theatre on the island. I have 2 high school shows and 1 middle school show coming up which are mine. One I got on my own and have had it for 5 years, the other school is one I got through a company on the island. I am working to gain money and contacts in the industry, get my name and phone number out there so that more and more people will hire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment