Friday, September 10, 2010

9/11

As everyone knows 9/11 is obviously tomorrow and already the specials on tv have started... currently I'm watching on the history channel and they are talking about possibly conspiracies. I understand people have a right to their opinion but since 9/11 is tomorrow and with how many lives were lost this really makes me kind of sad. Out of respect I would hope that people just step back.. at least just for tomorrow. I have my doubts and opinions about what happened but c'mon now.

A friend of mine lost his father on 9/11 and a really really close friend of mine was shipped out right after 9/11. The second guy is a Marine and I have so much respect for him for what he's done, he was actually over yesterday and we talked about all of this. I'm actually going to his sergeant's wedding in two weeks so I'm excited...never mind that he's 10 years older than me. The guy that lost his father is now in the Army and he's being shipped out very soon. I really believe that there's a good chance the guy in the army will not come home. He's just going in with the wrong mentality. I don't know, this is just depressing. Thankfully, I did not lose anyone but still I feel for the people that did. Tomorrow is just going to be a very sad day. I really am fluff at heart.

I was talking to my friend, I'm just going to call him the Marine, and he told me that we are not leaving the Middle East. Even though we're not calling it taking over or conquering... that's exactly what happened and now we have to keep a military presence there. I don't know, I don't like involving myself in things like that but hearing him say that really brought things to light. I guess I always knew it but I never thought of in those terms. This is definitely something for the history books...

No comments:

Post a Comment