Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bad days

Today I must say was a relatively horrible day.
I was chased around the bathroom at 8 in the morning by a mosquito. (Aren't they supposed to be gone by now?), had to deal with rude people, arrogant people, annoying people (then again that is daily and not out of the norm). Got my hand caught in the door, stubbed my toes, and have too many things to do for the six classes that I had to take. Things weren't working out and everywhere I turned seemed to have something that wanted to hurt me. By the way, it seemed like many people were snappy today. I had a teacher that was on the edge of their seat for every wrong move, every whisper, and every wrong answer. It felt a little much but I try to not to judge so much or I try to catch myself because you never do know what is going on in that particular person's life. It's happened to me before when I used to work in retail and a costumer entered the store purposely giving me a hard time. I had just clocked in and she was my first costumer. During that time so many things were going on, people my age were passing away, my aunt was in a critical condition from leukemia, and the pressures of school and relationships were just not holding up. I felt so wronged and so angry at that woman because she didn't know me yet she acted as if I had killed her dog. It's not a good feeling to be treated that way especially when so much is going on in your life.

(side note) Is it just me or can you absolutely not stand the song Bad Day by Daniel Powter when you're actually really having a bad day?

Anyway, the old silver lining spiel proves itself right once again. It's not that everyone was targeting me today. Honestly, it could've just been a change of luck. But once I just didn't care anymore I immediately started having a better day. Attitude and approach. We tend to have this self pitying mechanism built into our system. Some of us move on quicker than others but it's present in everyone. Some show it through anger, and in attacking ways, some invert to themselves,some pretend and lie while the rest sulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment