Friday, September 17, 2010

Friends and Helping Out

Throughout especially my high school and college years, I have gone over the top enormously to help out my friends. As I progressed, I noticed that in terms of helping most people, most will not truly notice your contributions and forget them. As a result, I've matured to helping those who are very close to me from now on. Most humans (not all) are keen to seeking help when it is highly needed, and then forgetting about it quickly later when they have made full use of the aid. In addition, some bad seeds out there will betray you and/or stop caring about you later, no matter how much you helped them in life. I remember my friend told me a story where this boyfriend and girlfriend stuck together throughout junior high school and high school. The boy was accepted to a more prestigious high school, but turned it down to be with the girlfriend. Everyday, he'd be helping his girlfriend in all sorts of work, and she got very good grades as a result. So what happens when she gets accepted to the college she wants? Dumps him. Yep. I know that most of you probably would have thought of the end result mid-way reading this story, but it just goes to show yet again the true nature of some (or most) humans. They say that nice guys finish last, but I don't believe that because there are still good spirits out there that make the exception to that belief...

No comments:

Post a Comment