Friday, September 17, 2010

Late Nights

Staying up to the wee times is almost a sport for college students these days, but what we do with that time can vary highly. While I find late nights mostly productive for studying, I also drift off into chatting and music searching a lot; my friends are much worse, so I can't be taken for a bad model exactly here. From being in college for a few years now, I usually notice that a significant amount freshman use their nights for going wild, as its their first year away from their parents and they want to take advantage of it. However, too many times I have seen and heard stories which I will not mention here, but it displays that new experiences can bring out either the lack or fullness of maturity. This can easily be seen with freshman undergraduate students vs. freshman graduate students; whereas the undergrads are usually more keen for booze-cruising and parties, the immense amount of work coupled with years of being in the university system doesn't make graduate students as keen to doing that. Of course, we should all have plenty of fun and great experiences during our college life, as well as our crazy moments, but keeping a level of maturity and responsibility is an essential trait that future employers especially want to see when you're out of the university system.

No comments:

Post a Comment