Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Gift of a Baby


A baby is easliy the most precious gift anyone could ask for. All babies are adorable and just so innocent. When someone has a baby, you can just see the love that they have for them in their faces. Even the baby itself can tell when its loved. Its the one thing that should be cared for and protected with your life if need be.

So if babies are so precious and innocent then how can there be people in this world that hurt them. Its hard to imagine but there are many people in the world that have hurt, killed or left babies for dead. These people who do these things have no heart and no soul.

When I see a baby fall and hurt itself or cry I feel so bad for them. I have a two year old cousin and I could never imagine someone trying to hurt her. If someone actually did I would persoally hurt that person one hundred times worse because no one is going to mess with my baby.

This also reminds me of the play Oedipus. In the play, Joscasta sent her son as a new born to die. They bound his feet and told a man to take him away and kill him. This is not a mother. She says that she wanted to do it to prevet a prophesy from coming true. It said that the baby was going to kill his father in the future and all she wanted to do was protect her husband. I dont care who you are but when you are married and have a child, your baby will always come first before your husband. If it was me I would protect my child over my husband any day. Some people might say "But you can always have another." But it doesnt matter if you have fifteen other kids after. No one will ever replace that one child that you had and lost. Each child is precious and should be treated like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment