Monday, September 6, 2010

Identity

Who am I? How am I doing? What am I doing now? I’ve been thinking a lot to find out myself after finish the second class. It is difficult for me to define myself. When I think about identity, I would say my nationality at first as I am a Korean. If I were in Korea, I would not define Korean as my first identity. However, I feel that I have different traits and appearance as Korean. I have a black hair, small eyes, yellow skin and speaking Korean. As I have unique features, it could be good to explain my identity as Korean.

What am I doing in the US now? I am a college student in the US, not in Korea. I could have chosen to enter the university in Korea. It would be much easier to study for me. However, I decided to study abroad to America. Why? Many Koreans love to study abroad. It’s because they believe studying abroad can be their great advantage to get a better job in Korea than just studying in Korea. Of course, I would believe it could be a big advantage for my future. Currently, finding a good job is getting harder in Korea. That is why I chose a little hard way in my 20’s to survive the competition for such jobs in Korea, . Living in Korea is like surviving the competition. Entering college is the first competition, and getting a job is the second one. Like this, I think having a sense of rivalry could be my other identity.

No comments:

Post a Comment