Sunday, September 19, 2010

Love?

Love is a complicated topic. It is so hard to define it because there is no definition. In my opinion love does not depend on the length of time you were with the person but how you feel when you are with that person. Love can make you do some crazy things and some people are blinded when they think they're in love.

My definition of what love is may be different from yours but I would like to tell you what love is not! It doesn't matter how many times a person says they love you, if that person is willing and able to hurt you in ANY way, whether it be mental, physical, verbal, emotional or sexual, then the do not love you. Love is not how much money he is willing to spend on you or whether or not he or she takes your virginity. Many people fail to realize these things.

I'm not gonna lie I have been one of the many girls out there. But honestly, I really wasn't in love, I realize now, that it was sympathy, I felt sorry for the guy I was with which made me stay with him for so long. Sympathy is not Love! I learned that the hard way. There is a huge difference between love and sympathy. You may think that all the person has is you and if you leave the person they will have nothing and it will be all your fault which is why you choose to stay no matter how bad you want to leave.

I know a girl who was in a relationship for 3 years with this guy and she thought they were in love because they were together for so long and he told her he loved her. Everyone thought they made a cute couple and people kept telling her that..in fact I was the one who hooked them up. No one knew what was really going on in their relationship. He would grab her and tell her that she has no one but him because her father was really an A-hole toward her and he would bring that up every chance he got, making her feel even lower. He was with her when her mom died and he would bring that up to her too. When she told me this, I was furious. She told me he never hit her but he would grab her roughly. I tried time and time again to make her leave him but she was so brain washed by his emotional abuse she wouldn't.

Re-evaluate your relationships...are you in love? are they in love with you? How do you know?

Look out for my next post...He's in Love with Me and I'm in Love with Him

No comments:

Post a Comment