Saturday, September 18, 2010

The Manhattan Gig

I've seen a good amount of performers in Manhattan over the years. I've seen two men play the heck out of an aluminum garbage can and a water barrel. I've seen a guy do some amazing acrobatic flips across the sidewalk on 6th Avenue. There was the time my sister played her cello in the Philharmonic for her doctorate degree. Most recently I've seen comedian Bill Burr do a killer set in a comedy club in midtown. Which leads me to my next thought. What am I going to bring to the table come the end of semester. I hope that I find some inspiration in one of the plays that we discuss in class. I've never had a problem talking in front of strangers or in a public setting but I am concerned about the material. I feel like I can grasp the themes of a lot of our plays but how can I stand apart from everyone else? When I right these blogs I try to leave the reader and myself with a message. I like to motivate other's because in doing so I feel that I am motivating myself. I know I'm all over the place in this one but I am here to propose something to everyone. What would you like to see? What do you think would be creative? As much as I want to leave people intrigued I know that it will be a savy crowd. So here's my question. What would entertain and motivate you? A poem? How about a dramatic re-enactment between Oedipus and his wife/mother Jocasta? These I think I could make happen with another brave student. As much as I would like to attempt the acrobatic stunts of that street dancer I can't help but worry that I'll jeapordize the safety of my classmates.... :) Take Care all.

No comments:

Post a Comment