Sunday, September 19, 2010

Man's Best Friend



This weekend I was given the task of watching my cousins dog while she went to Boston with her boyfriend & his family. This is nothing new as I've done it quite a few times already this year. Now the dog is a Yorkie, only 8 months old, and named Lucky. However, what always surprises me whenever I get to watch him is how attached I've become to him. What I find especially fascinating about this dog is his unique 'personality'. There are so many reasons why dogs are considered such good companions, even a persons' best friend, and so I've always thought one of the main reasons is how unique their behavior can be, or in other words, their 'personality'. They're simply not all the same, and some of them are really one of a kind, and that's Lucky. Even some browsing through YouTube will give you plenty of examples of this. And everyone knows puppies in general are rather playful, but this dog is truly on a whole different level. The fact alone that he is so playful isn't so special, but his behavior is so spontaneous and just genuinely funny. And of course, no matter how tough of a day you've had, if you're somewhat tired, annoyed or sad, or what you've done or didn't that day, they are always just as excited to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment