Wednesday, September 22, 2010
A night at a drag queen show
Last Thursday night, I was hanging out in the city with my friends James, Jesse and Dave. It was 7:46, and James proclaimed, “Yo, there’s a drag queen show at 8, you guys down?” At first, I didn’t think he was serious, then he told me to look at the poster on the wall, and to my disbelief, he wasn’t kidding. The poster said that there would be a special drag performance of Sherry Vine, a famous drag queen cabaret star. The event was hosted by some Gay-Lesbian-Bisexual-Straight alliance. We all had nothing better to do at the moment, and thought it would be fun, so we decided to check it out. We were able to get seats in the front row; I was able to rest my feet on the stage. The lights suddenly went flipped off, and Sherry Vine eased her way on stage. She then proceeded to strip from her pink dress to lingerie while singing “Forbidden Love”. She was so entertaining, I couldn’t stop laughing or applauding. Her performance reminded me of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. During one of her songs, she approached my friends and me and put her leg on Jesse’s shoulder. I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die. Jesse’s face was tomato red, and everyone else in the crowd loved it. When the song was over, Sherry embarrassed Jesse some more by talking to him in front of everyone. She jokingly asked Jesse if he wanted to spend the night with her, and Dave, answering for Jesse, said, “I don’t wanna see my boy get hurt.” To which Sherry responded, “Now you wanna watch?!” Everyone bursted into laughter. I was really pleased with the show, it was really entertaining and fun. I had a great time, and I will definitely be attending the next Drag Queen show.
Labels:
Michael Harooni
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment