Friday, September 17, 2010

One Quick Storm

Being this my first post, I've been thinking carefully all week as to what I would start my blogs with. I figured it should be something interesting to set the tone for my posts. Of course, for the most part, I couldn't think of anything that I found interesting enough. It started to feel like one of those moments where no matter how much you think about it, you're just not going to come up with the solution you need or want. So I stepped back & put it in the back of my mind.

Then I came upon this yesterday afternoon. It's always one thing to see this in pictures and quite another in person. I think about the strength that's required for this to happen! One can see the proportion with the person standing next to it.


I imagined some strong storm passed by that one town. Turns out it was quite a storm! Went through NYC, Queens, Brooklyn & LI. Lots of damages & trees & traffic & chaos for commuters.Can be seen here

I've always wanted to document this kind of natural events. However, it can be pretty hard to predict when they will happen & where, there are obviously risks involved, & it can be pretty time consuming and inconvenient, unless you're making a living of it of course. One more reason why I admire photojournalists.





No comments:

Post a Comment