Thursday, September 2, 2010

inception and my dreams

As mentioned in class today- "Dreams are healthy, and lays down the long term memory". The individuals in inception dreamt, and woke up remembering everything in their dream. Sometimes they woke up normally, while at other times they woke up disturbed. However, as we all know, actions speak louder than words. I believe that one cannot quite know what it means to wake up disturbed from a dream until it has happened to them; it is something they have experienced for themselves. I have woken up from a dream extremely disturbed about five times in my life so far. Each time, I woke up either hysterically crying or scared in a cold sweat. In addition, after I have woken up from these dreams, I can remember everything that has happened, recalling more details as I think about it even more. Dreams are a very unique aspect of life, however, because of my experiences with disturbed dreams I know that they can also be painful. Every dream that I have had in which I wake up either crying or scared has to deal with my step father. He has done many things and treated me in many wrongful ways that has scarred me for life. I try to forget all the things he has done to me and live a life forgetting about him. Unfortunately, once in a while, I have to deal with a disturbing dream, which brings all the memories and hurt back. Just like the protagonist in Inception, sometimes I am afraid to dream, because I do not want to see what my dreams can reveal.

No comments:

Post a Comment