Tuesday, September 21, 2010

born alone to die alone

Born alone to die alone.

This is a very true statement and a very intimidating one. Once you've experienced being in the good company of people you love, being alone for a while after that seems like a frightening thought. Birth is so positive where as death is so negative. Inn other cultures I believe in Egypt death was something to look forward to, something celebrated as a kind of upgrade of the soul. Since we were brought up and conditioned to believe the negative and alien we fear it more. Human nature has us frightened of the unknown and the means after death is something that has never been proven.

Birth is like dying in the sense you don't know where you are going. You have no memories of the moments you were born and nor do you have any idea of where you are going. Both sides of the spectrum are stages of extreme vulnerability. It's easier to get over being born because there is no knowledge, no fear, and no memories. There's so much more to lose when it comes to dying. Many have religion to ease their way. But personally, I'm an agnostic. I grew up with Christianity as well as Buddhism. I agree and disagree with certain points in both religions. I'm still searching for a faith and I believe that when time comes it'll hit me.

No comments:

Post a Comment