Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Getting through life for dummies

Sometimes I really wished they had a step by step guide to life. Either that or a checklist. Things would be so much easier and stress free if that were the case. No pressure, no stress, no latenights,no breakdowns, but also no surprise. I really do want to know how my future is going to look, where my soulmate is, if I met them, if I am with them, I want to know where I'm going to be when I'm 40, and how many kids am I going to have.

Patience is a virtue. (There I go again with the cliches)
But seriously now, I need to keep reminding myself that, and that good things come to those who wait...i did it again.
Have you ever thought about fate, and if the choices we make and the events we are put through are all leading us to a specific destination? I think about this constantly, yet there is no way of answering this. I was going to go to La Guardia Highschool for the arts back when I got in for music and art but I went to a specialized highschool instead. I ended up not pursuing the sciences and instead still chasing after the performing arts. I wonder if things would've been different if I had gone there instead. I would have never met the best friends I have now, I would not be in Stony Brook with some of the most amazing people I have come to love, and I would not be in this class posting up blog entries at 11 o'clock at night.

It's pretty interesting to try and picture yourself somewhere else if you had just chosen a different option.

No comments:

Post a Comment