Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Hamlet Game Ideas
I was thinking of what sort of style of game a Hamlet game would be in. I was thinking an action, adventure, puzzle game. Perhaps something similar to Prince of Persia: The sands of time mixed with Ico. I know there is a good chance you don't know those games, so I will try to show you how they would relate. Maybe you could even mix in some Mario 64 type ideas. I think you could be in a castle setting and maybe the castle would be empty. The rooms are fully accessible and even have secret messages within them. I guess I would give that a similar theme to the game Mist or Riven. Along with these rooms, there would be the side story of a Kingdom being run by your uncle. The player would be playng as Hamlet ofcourse. Each room would have lines from the play being read as you entered them. At certain points in the story there would be soldiers that try to stop you from entering rooms. You will be equipped with a sword to fight off these enemies. Also certain rooms will be hard to get access to and you will have to determine the correct path to get there. This would be the ICO/Prince of Persia aspect. There will be a few boss battles, perhaps with a masked verion of your uncle. The final battle will be between you and your uncle. These are some early ideas and there is still room to work on it.
Labels:
Christian Sorto,
THR-104
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment