Monday, September 20, 2010

love is all around


On Saturday, I went to JFK airport to pick up my friend coming from Korea. It took him a long time to go through the immigration process so I waited for two hours standing in front of the arrival gate. While I was waiting for my friend, I was observed lots of people waiting for someone just like me. Since the immigration process took longer than usual, everyone was bored or annoyed. People were smoking, playing with their iPhone, and reading a book to entertain themselves but as the immigration process exceeds an hour, people started to get angry. some people were cursing and complaining about the security process. Even some people were blaming on the U.S government or terrorists. However as soon as the passengers came out of the gate, people got suddenly happy. They were yelling their friends and parents' name. This reminded me of the movie "Love Actually." People were hugging, kissing. It was really beautiful. I also yelled my friend's name when he came out of the door. The airport is a place where people meet and say goodbye. It's full of happiness at the arrival gate and full of sadness at the departure gate. It was very interesting to observe people at the airport for two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment