Monday, September 20, 2010

Obliviously Oblivious

The project regarding family, ethnic history, and development as a person we've been working on has opened my eyes to how little I actually know about my genetic past. Because my dad has been distant most my life and his father can't speak due to a stroke he had earlier on, I reasonably don't know much about his side, but I think it is due to my own alienation from my immediate family that has kept me from asking around about where my mom's mother and father came from in their younger lives. In fact, I don't know much at all past my general ethnic background; I've heard random stories throughout the years about some of their experiences and living conditions, but the big picture is still a blur to me. Maybe simply figuring out how my family ultimately came to be who we are now would help me better understand myself, but more likely I'll find qualities in my grandparents I'll want to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment