Monday, September 20, 2010

working on the slideshow

Through doing some of this project I've become so frustrated looking through these pictures and deciding how to best create this slideshow. First of all i'm still trying to figure out how to use gimp or photoshop and playing around with the pictures. I have no idea how to make them all tell one story, does that mean they should all be done in the same style? The really good part about this project is that i get to continously look at my family photos that otherwise sit locked up in my grandmas house, and i get to see my mother and uncle and generations back when they were just kids. Some of these pictures are just hilarious when you compare them to the adults today. Its so weird to see how times have changed, and really interesting for me to look at the fashion of another country, through the generations. I actually found a picture of my grandmother about to go out in a dress that looks eerily similar to one that I own now. I've learned a lot about my family that i never knew or simply forgot, I've been able to see family members who i never got to meet but still played a significant role in how my family structure developed to be what it is today. The only regret i have is that my father's side of the family is basically nonexistant in these pictures since we aren't on the best of terms with my father, and he doesnt speak to most of his family either.

No comments:

Post a Comment